Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa Candy Bar Wrap & Gift Card Holder Tutorial

This is a little project I've had in my mind for a little while.  I have been a busy lady getting all my Christmas projects finished so I haven't had time to post anything lately.  I hope to post pictures of all of them soon (but I don't want to spoil any surprises so we'll see)... on to the tutorial.

Supplies:
1 piece red craft felt
1 scrap black craft felt (or 2.5” black ribbon)
1 square scrap golden craft felt
White Fur trim
Candy bar (I used Hershey’s Cookies’n’crème…seemed appropriate!)
Gift card
Glue gun

First measure the length & width of your candy bar.  Mine is a little less than 6” long and 2 ¼” wide.  Now cut a piece of red felt that measures the length of your candy bar and twice the width + one inch.  So, I cut mine 6”x 5.5”.


Now cut a piece of the fur trim the length of the candy bar (in my case 6”). Hot glue the fur trim down the length of the piece of red felt letting the fur trim hang off the felt a bit.  

Cut a 2”x2” square from the golden felt and a piece of ribbon 9” long or black felt 2.5”x9”. 


Fold the Gold felt square in half and cut 2 slits each a ½ “ deep.  



Glue the black ribbon or felt to the back of the gold square in between the two slits (glue the ribbon shiny side down to the back so when you turn it over the shiny side faces out). Use a lighter or match to seal the end of the ribbon so it doesn’t fray. 






Now it’s time to dress your candy bar up.  Wrap the red ‘coat’ around the candy and fasten with the ‘belt’.  You may want to secure with a small dab of glue to keep the belt from coming loose (especially if there’s a gift card in there!).  I slipped the gift card under the ribbon. Voilla, this took me all of MAYBE 15 minutes and that included taking pictures.  This would make a perfect coworker gift or in my case gift for my sister’s boyfriend.  I hate just handing someone a gift card (even if that’s what they want!).

One week left!  Next Saturday we'll be waking up to find stockings stuffed, and Santa's presents under the tree! Yay!

~Erica

2 comments:

  1. like the fabric you choose for it to design..i might need it when use to design Gift Card envelopes..thanks you share it.

    ReplyDelete

bisforboy@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...